Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Big Day!

Wow, we had an amazing experience having Miles sealed to us at the Cardston temple on July 17th. I honestly didn't know what to expect or how I'd feel about it all. Coy and I were discussing our feelings about it on the way to the temple and concluded we were both really excited, but didn't know what to compare it to. When you get married there's the excitement of making an eternal commitment to your beloved and I'm pretty sure if you're getting married in the temple that you weren't living together before hand. With Miles' sealing however, he's already been part of our family for the past 10 months - actually 10 months today is when Miles came home with us. The sealing exceeded every expectation that either of us had. President Rosenval performed the sealing and he commented to us when we arrived at the temple, "You've got quite a crowd here, we'd better give them their monies worth." And that he did. He gave some great remarks about the Abrahamic covenant and how the specifically related to Miles being sealed to us. I must confess however that I was slightly distracted so if you want details, talk to your parents or to Coy.
Miles was so good! When they opened the door to bring Miles into the sealing room and he looked at Coy and me, he started clapping and smiling. Coy was already Mr. Waterworks, but that brought the tears on for me as well. They brought Miles in and sat him down next to our hands. He was smiling and grabbing for Coy and for me and for President Rosenval's clipboard. He was looking around the room and smiling at everyone. It meant so much to us that so many of you were able to make it to the sealing. As we looked around the room, we saw a room full of people that we love. It was just the most amazing experience and very confirming of the importance of having an eternal family. Coy’s sisters, Bernie and Cali drove all the way down from Calgary, even though they wouldn’t be in the temple and that meant a great deal to us as well. Cali was kind enough to send me a few pictures that she took outside the temple. I hope you enjoy.

8 comments:

Laurie said...

It was the most wonderful day. Miles kept looking around the sealing room as if to say "you're all here for me?!" He was such a dear. President (?) Rosenval's comments were amazing - a real gospel serman that was succint and illuminating and added understanding to the covenants that we make. We felt priviledged to be there.

Anonymous said...

Carolyn and Coy, Thank-you for inviting us to be there. It was a beautiful day. Brian, Scott, Jen and I were all saying - even though we are sealed, and our children are born in that covenant and that is such a great blessing, it would be so wonderful to actually see them sealed to us as you saw Miles sealed to you. It was a beautiful, sacred moment. He was so happy. You two were beaming. Now you are an eternal family!! I am so happy for you.

I love your pictures of that day as well. It looks like these were professionally done! They really capture your personalities and will be a great keepsake for you when you look back on such a beautiful moment. Congratulations Again, we love you!

Grandma said...

Your telling of the event brought tears to my eyes. It was so special. And the pictures are fabulous!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing experience. I was so glad I was able to be there. I love the pictures - especially the one of you and Miles, and Coy and Miles, and him by himself in Sepia tone. They are beautiful.

cathyswendsen said...

Such a happy beautiful experience for all that day, but especially for you. I love how the pictures turned out. He was so sweet in the waiting area and he looks just angelic in the pictures. He's a lucky boy, and you are lucky parents. We love you.

Wrightfamily said...

Fabulous pictures and even better day! Will just said, "Awhhh! Tute pictures!" (that translates to "Cute pictures") We are glad that we got to be there with you!

Wendie said...

I'm so glad that you posted all the pictures and your comments of such a special day. Being in Orlando to help Jessica with her new little Suzanna meant I was unable to be there so I was delighted to see your post. The pictures are lovely. Thanks for sharing your really special day.

Beth said...

I don't know if I'll ever forget how Miles reacted to seeing both of you in that sealing room. We were so grateful to be there. It was such a special experience. You all look gorgeous in the photos!