Thursday, August 02, 2007

Waterton - just the highlights!

We had a great time in Waterton seeing everyone, hanging out, etc. and spending time with Gordon & Laurie, Gary and Wendie and gang, Murray and Nadine and gang, the Swendsens and of course Mom and Dad. As well, thanks to Morgan and Beth for some fantastic accomodations while Coy was still with me. The following are some picture highlights from the week! I've been trying get Miles to hold his bottle for months . . . not all the time, but just when we're in a hurry and he's in the car or when we're at the zoo with a bunch of mom's and its tough to stop. Not until July 19th, at Cameron Lake, did Miles comply. I had to take a picture. He's held his bottle since, but only under protest.

Dad getting ready for his big cycle ride from Cameron Lake back to Waterton. There's way more uphill than I remember. Not that I was feeling the pain - I was in the "support vehicle" following Cathy and Dad.

Miles and I at Cameron Lake. Nice hat, eh? It's Coy's.

From the moment we entered the park, Miles would clap and yell with joy every time he saw a surrey go by, so it was with great excitement that he took his first surrey ride around the block. Thank you Uncle John and Rachel.

Miles and I went down to Emerald Bay to catch a little shade next to the water. The trip didn't last very long since Miles started throwing dirt and sand and eating the dirt and sand. The rhythm was something like throw, throw, eat . . . throw, throw, eat. He consumed a good number of small rocks and sand and then it was time to go back to the cabin.

Bear's hump! No Waterton week is complete without a trip up the old beast. You can tell by Miles' expression that he's feeling quite enthusiastic. I'd be excited too, if I was hitching a ride. This was actually how we started out our Tuesday, the day Miles was sealed to us. It was a great day. We went up Bear's Hump with Nadine and the girls, but the pictures of them turned out so badly, or maybe its that the pictures that we have of them and me are so bad, that I just couldn't bring myself to post them. Sorry guys. I just love this picture. It was a very hazy day. The Beaton clan at the top of Bear's Hump. Good climbing Miles. So within a minute of beginning our descent, Miles decided he'd had enough and fell asleep. Coy actually agreed to walk all the way back to the cabin just so Miles' nap would be a little longer.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

great pics Carolyn! We all had a great time together.

JenSwen said...

I wish Kate would hold her own bottle. Miles is such a cute, happy little guy.