Friday, August 24, 2007

Miles has some new skills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBQ1ncmDIkU So Miles has now discovered that he can use household items to further his abilities to explore and destroy. Yesterday, when Coy and I had left the kitchen for less than a minute we came back to find that he had pushed the laundry basket over to the fridge and was climbing on top of it to reach higher up on the fridge. We later found him using the same technique to reach higher on the bookshelf and to climb on the couch and . . . well, you get the idea. Very soon, nothing will be safe! Take at look at the video I've attached. I'm not sure how to attach the video so that it appears as a picture.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a little monkey! Looks like fun. I hope you and Coy had a great Anniversary!

Janae said...

Miles is so smart to figure that out! He looks so cute in the video. I absolutely loved the pictures after the temple sealing. What a special day and Miles looks so precious!

Anonymous said...

very cute - but watch out. It starts out with stuff like laundry baskets and ends with them trying to climb the ladder up to the roof when you are putting up Christmas lights - don't ask.

Carolyn said...

Amanda, Miles is an active little guy and I can't imagine having two of him around. I am however quite curious about the ladder to the roof story.

Wendie said...

Don't get me started on ladders and roof stories! I'll just say that it ends when they are about 21 years old.
Miles is really scooting around and it was great fun to watch the video. Thanks for posting.

heath said...

That's pretty good for 11 months-- he looks pretty happy with that newfound ability!! watch out, he's already getting that little gleam in his eyes! They're amazingly resourceful...

I love hearing about Amanda's kids' exploits-- my kids' efforts only last until they find some sweet bulk item-- then they get caught as the sounds of shoveling handfuls of brown sugar or syrup (yes handfuls, forget the neat way of just squirting it into their mouths) give them away.

Dan said...

Coy,

Tanner has been reminding me for days that today is your birthday (10/21/07). We have the low family Calendar posted in a prominent location and for whatever reason - what am I saying
"for whatever reason" - and because you are clearly his favorite great uncle, Tanner wanted to make sure that we wished you a happy birthday . . . so have a happy 35th. If you and Carolyn are looking for a cheap warm escape, consider Houston. Calgary to Houston direct flights are pretty cheap!