Tonight our house is cooking, making sleep difficult - hence the 1:00 am blog. We've been having a ton of fun with Miles lately. The two of us have been taking swimming lessons - he's really the one in lessons, I'm just the prop in the pool. The first two lessons went well, the next two lessons Miles had a death grip on me and there were some tears and this past lesson was fantastic. He was splashing and laughing and we're hoping this will continue. He doesn't know yet that he should be embarrassed by his mother's total coverage board shorts and rash guard shirt atire - hey - I'm happy with it.
Miles is on the move!!!! Everywhere. He was able to sit himself up on May 6, by May 11 he was crawling and pulling himself up next to furniture, etc. It sure changes my ability to get him to sleep or to get anything done. Miles spends a lot of time shacking the crib bars before he'll finally lay down and go to sleep. This past Monday when I was on the phone and ran into my bedroom for 30 seconds, Miles crawled from the kitchen to the bathroom and pulled himself up to the toilet. I was horrified to hear Miles splashing in the toilet. He was covered - face, hands, arms and chest. We figure he's in the clear since no strange toilet-born illness have appeared.
Miles has also started clapping and kissing this week. The kissing has been especially fun. I never expected not to mind a lot of slober in a kiss, but Miles is my exception. His kissing isn't so much open-mouth as it is a slip of the tongue. He'll come at you with a closed mouth and at the last minute he slides his tongue out. Its really funny!
Enough of that . . . its been a fun week! Enjoy the pictures.

Waterton on the Friday of the May long weekend. The weather was perfect! Miles had a great time except when we were battling to keep his hat and sunglasses on him. It appears I won half the battle.

Miles and his dad enjoyed some time throwing rocks.

Carolyn and Miles gazing off in the distance. I'd like to say we were looking at some amazing form of wildlife, but I think we were checking out a really nice Mercedes SUV.

Coy's parents opening their mission call. We were so happy to have been there when they opened it. They're headed to Nashville, Tennessee - Microfilming mission.

Coy was doing some work on the roof and Miles decided to hang outside with Coy. It looks like he's really concerned, but I think it was just the bright sunshine that was the cause for concern.

I just love this picture - poor guy with chapped checks.

One of our food episodes. The introduction of new flavours and textures is going slowly. I tried to feed Miles chicken a few days ago - homemade I might add - and I must not have put enough liquid in with the chicken. After two bites, Miles looked like he was choking on feathers - the chicken was so dry. We've also had very bad luck with anything that has texture (thank goodness for powerful gag reflexes) other than his cereal and bananas which he loves.
4 comments:
i think that you can wash anything down with applesauce...dry chicken, day-old rice, crushed pills (for the medications that they don't make in infant form)!
I hope you weren't accepting any wet kisses immediately after the toilet incident. Sounds like you're having so much fun with him. Keep the posts coming.
I cannot believe how much he looks like Coy. It's a bit redonkulous!!
Aloha! I really enjoy looking at the pictures of your family. It sounds like you are having so much fun together. Hawaii is very nice, the weather hardly ever changes, except for the occassional rain. Some months we get more, some less. I wish I could come up there and visit, maybe after I retire.
Janis
Post a Comment