Tuesday, March 20, 2007

"Solid Foods?"

We thought it was time to introduce Miles to "solid foods" or at least some really runny rice cereal. The clue that it was at least time to try him on solids - Miles has been staring at every piece of food we've been putting in our mouths for the last three weeks. So today (as in Monday March 19th) was the day. The first two pictures above are "the before" . . . you can see that the anticipation is high. He actually really liked the food for about 10 bites and then he just really wanted to suck on something . . . my hand, the high chair, so we were done for the day. All in all I think it was a big success. His face was as messy before hand from drool as it was afterwards from a very small trace of cereal. Go Miles!

4 comments:

jensher said...

I try every day to feed Easton some solid food, but with no luck. Doug did successfully feed him some ice cream, but I don't think that it can count as a source of protein and iron. I hope that Miles has an easier time with solids. Let the mess begin!

Anonymous said...

Solids or liquids, either way Miles looks like he is getting what he needs. I say that only with love and as someone who has gotten many, "look at the size of that kid!," comments over the years. He is adoreable!

cathyswendsen said...

Miles is a great visitor. He makes lots of cute noises and keeps that tongue curling in fun ways. His blue eyes steal your heart.

Bernie said...

That has to be the cutest thing ever. He must have a little MJ in him. Coy will understand!