Juliet now has a middle name - it is Elaine.
Trying to get a picture of her smiles has proven to be challenging.
Navy (Niki & Dave's daughter) was baptized in the Belly River this past weekend and here are a few photos.
Enjoying the Waterton splash park. Thanks Cathy Redfern.
So we chose the wettest day for Stampede in history to attend the Calgary Stampede. It didn't dampen Miles midway enjoyment. He made the most out of his first stampede. Thanks Gramsie.
Miles getting ready for the ward Chili and Pie cook off. It will be a while before he's going to fill those boots.
Kind of a smile.
Juliet and Miles enjoying some morning fun in our bed.
There's a good smile.
Miles and Juliet's first stampede parade. You would think from Miles expression that he wasn't happy to be there. It was really more about getting his picture taken. The parade seemed long even for me, but I loved it anyway. Thanks for being a trooper Coy!
Go cougars! Juliet's practicing her cheerleading.
A half smile? Or a coy smile.
Miles hiked the Bear's Hump with Coy, Uncle Dave, Aunt Niki, Chase, Navy, and Will. He walked the whole way up the mountain on his own. Go Miles and go coach Coy.
Every preschool day in the month of June had a theme. This was actually the closing party and Miles' favourite activity was throwing a wet sponge at the teacher. He talked about it for a few weeks before about how there would be a bucket of water and you could get the sponge wet and throw it at the teacher. I thought he was confused, but no, that's exactly what happened.
June 24th - Juliet's first day for a smile that involved more than just gas. She reserved her smiles for Coy for the first several days, but she finally gave them up to me too.
Miles made Coy's tie at preschool. He was so thrilled to see Coy wear it to bishopric meeting.
"Its good to be me"
Juliet has started noticing people. She couldn't take her eyes off Grams.
Juliet and Mom on her 80th birthday. Happy birthday Mom!
Cathy hosted a baby shower for Juliet. Here are a few pics.
Starting to notice things.
Miles and Coy are working on a garden. I sure hope we get at least one carrot to eat. That would be great. Obviously this is not the carrot part of the garden - this is the flower part of the garden.
So Coy and Miles went on their first father son camp where they stayed over night. Miles got extremely sticky from the marshmallows and Coy's suggestion was for Miles to rub his hands on the grass. Oops. I'm not sure how they finally got the grass and marshmallow off his hands.
Dress up day for preschool. Coy is the best dad. He came up with this pirate getup with very little notice. Miles had several moms at the preschool ask if his mommy put together his costume. "No, it was my daddy."
Miles' preschool field trip to the Children's festival at Olympic Plaza. He got to ride the C-train, hang out with friends, and he drew his first picture of Juliet.
Juliet loves her bath - or least she's not screaming her head off. I think its all because of this little tub called the puj. She's so cozy, what's not to like.

Grandpa Low meeting Juliet for the first time.
Miles and Juliet enjoying a little RnR. Wow does she ever look jaundice.
Juliet during the first week.
Miles protecting Juliet's eyes from the sun.
Grams and Papa meeting Juliet for the first time.
The day after Juliet was born, before Juliet was placed with us, Miles had his final concert for his Mount Royal University Music and Movement class. He loved it!
Juliet just after we got home. The funniest thing happened to us the night we brought Juliet home. We were in such a hurry to get to the hospital that both Coy and I forgot to bring keys and we had a friend at our house when we left who understandably locked the door behind her. When we got home we realized that we were locked out of the house. After about 45 minutes we were able to break into the basement, drop Miles through the window and have him run upstairs to let us in - but he was not happy. He's terrified of the basement.
A tearful placement, but we are so happy!
Meeting Juliet for the first time on May 14th.
For about the first six weeks, Miles asked my almost daily, "Mom do we get to keep Juliet forever?" I reassured him daily that yes, we do get to keep Juliet forever. His more recent queries also involve a followup question seeking reassurance that we have no plans of giving our baby away to anyone and he also sometimes adds a list of people he wants to be sure don't get his new baby sister, "Not to Easton or Everett or Simon or Bennett . . . " Miles first question each morning is, "Where's Juliet? Can I hold her?" He is always hugging her - even when I don't want him too, but at least he's really enjoying her. I also love that he doesn't quite get what she's capable of doing. "Mom, I want Juliet to watch me jump off the couch." "Mom, I'll stand in front of Juliet because this is a scary episode of Little Bear and I don't want her to be scared."
So there are a lot of pictures here, feel free to look through them all or just a few.
Juliet's first trip to the zoo. She seemed pretty unfazed and didn't even wake up walking through the very noisy dinosaurs.
Enjoying the Waterton splash park. Thanks Cathy Redfern.
So we chose the wettest day for Stampede in history to attend the Calgary Stampede. It didn't dampen Miles midway enjoyment. He made the most out of his first stampede. Thanks Gramsie.
Just missed the smile - again!
Juliet has started noticing people. She couldn't take her eyes off Grams.
Miles enjoying his new baby sister.
5 comments:
Great pictures. She's gettinh cuter all the time.
man! So much has happened in these past couple of months... I still get teary when I see the pictures of you all meeting her for the first time! Love you all <3
I love all the pictures with her and Miles together. Its so fun to see siblings interact together. Congratulations again you guys. She is beautiful!
Great pictures; I loved the update! Juliet is so adorable!!
Great photos! Even though I see & talk to you all the time, I didn't know most of these stories. Juliet's cute little round face is adorable. What a beautiful blessing to your family!
Post a Comment